Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Quest

As I submerged myself into welcoming waters I thought of how nature offers a solution to our inner turmoil. Floating.. Swimming... Releasing worries weight. The taste of salt on my lips, the short bursts of cool sensations, and the constant warmth of the sun's rays eased my restless heart. I felt weightless as I  peered at the billowy clouds above, then began to swim towards shore.. Grasping.. Reaching... The water thick through my fingertips. Words of advice washed over me. Simply floating.. The lull pulls me to shallow water, and as I brush my hands along the ocean floor any negative vibration is soothed by the softness of the sand. This quest for a settled heart now within my grasp.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful write, my dear friend! I completely agree. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with all that I see going on around me, even with my daily life and all its struggles. Nature does seem to lull away some of those day to day stresses. I envy those of you that have the beach or a backyard full of lovely trees and flowers. I have only the desert surrounding me, but it can be very peaceful in the early morning or late evening in cooler weather. Blessings to you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your kind words C.J., and thankful that you've found it relatable. I'm a firm believer in, not only nature therapy, but art and music as well. Sending love & light your way! april XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your kind words C.J., and thankful that you've found it relatable. I'm a firm believer in, not only nature therapy, but art and music as well. Sending love & light your way! april XO

    ReplyDelete